This is the new homework policy of Ms. Tennantís
social studies classes.
1. You will do homework independently. *
2. I will give you a homework sheet at the beginning of the week based on the class work and reading for that week.
3. If you are absent for an extended period of time, the assistant principal Ms. Youngs will have a copy of the sheet.
4. The homework sheet also will be posted at http://msthw.blogspot.com.
5. Additional handouts will be available in the social studies classroom (402A) on a limited basis in the literature bins next to the door.
6. You will complete and turn in the homework sheet by the end of the week in which it was assigned. This date is posted at the top of the homework sheet.
7. I will grade the sheets and return them on the first class of the next week.
8. ONLY CORRECT ANSWERS WILL RECEIVE CREDIT. All of the answers will be available to you if you keep up with the reading, participate in class, and maintain an organized and complete notebook.
9. Homework represents 25% of your grade in social studies class.
10. Extra credit assignments will be offered periodically. If you complete 20 points of extra credit, you will receive a homework coupon that will free you from one week of assignments.
We have read and understood Ms. Tennantís homework policy. We agree to the terms described above.
*If I see any evidence of copying from other students or any other dishonest behavior, the student caught will receive an immediate call home or some other appropriate disciplinary action through the Child Advocateís office.