8th Grade Social Studies Homework Assignments
1. What is the topic of this map? ________________________________________________
2. About what time period does this map give us information? ________________________
3. Label the timeline below with information from this map:
4. What do we call the man in the cartoon? __________________________________________
5. What is he doing? ____________________________________________________________
6. What do you think that this cartoonist is saying about America?
The written part of your Exit Project is due on March 30th, NO EXCEPTIONS! Use the Exit Project handout and our discussions in class to guide you. You should be doing research and writing EVERY DAY!
Based on the reading above, answer the following questions:
1. What did James Monroe state in 1823? __________________________________________
2. Why did Britain “quietly back” the Monroe Doctrine? _______________________________
In what year were the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans joined? ____________________________________